Cell Line Development Associate Scientist
As part of the Cell Sciences team located at Ferring Biologics Innovation Center (Epalinges, Switzerland), you will participate in the identification and selection of high performing Manufacturing Cell Lines to support CMC development. You will be also involved in the optimization of the mammalian expression system in place and related processes.
Your day at Ferring
- Execute Cell line development activities “From DNA to Cell banking” for new Ferring Biologics therapeutic according to Project timeline.
- Record data and results in dedicated electronic notebook and data management system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Report progress and issue to the CLD Manager, troubleshoot and propose mitigation plan and supportive experiment.
- Perform, report, and troubleshoot experiments dedicated to development of technology platform.
- Organize the Cell Line Development area in a lean, efficient and smart way.
- Perform activities in Upstream Processing at project hand-over (small scale) under USP Manager supervision.
- Make sure equipments are maintained and operating optimally and consumables’ stock are at the right level.
Behind our innovation…There’s you
The ideal candidate for this position is an Associate Scientist with 8 to 10 years’ experience in cell line development of biologics, including 3-5 years of experience in an industrial set-up. The candidate is expected to hold a apprenticeship (CFC) or Bachelor degree in relevant matter (Biology, Biotechnology).
- Experience in mammalian (CHO) cell culture at small scale (from 384 well plate up to spin tube).
- Know-How in standard CLD processes including transfection, isolation of clones using automated systems, selection of candidates in fed-batch mode in High (plates) or medium throughput (spin tubes), cell banking.
- Experience in Ambr system or small-scale Bioreactor is a plus.
- Knowledge or previous experience in GMP cell banking is a plus.
- At ease with the use of electronic tools like Electronic Notebook, Data Management System.
- Use to write SOPs or working instructions in English.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Be proactive, flexible and good team player.
- Communicate orally and in writing fluently in English.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.