Team Manager (R&D Biotech)
As a ProQR R&D Team Manager, your key responsibility will be to manage a team (10-15 HC) of highly talented scientists and researchers in a matrix organization without direct involvement in the design and execution of experiments. You are a motivated people leader with significant experience leading R&D teams and have extensive experience developing people. In your role you will shape, support, develop and optimize the team's strategy, processes and structure. Contribute to the translation of corporate goals into team’s strategic and actionable plans. Work internally with the Science leads who are responsible for managing the ongoing science-based projects and with external colleagues facilitating coordination across multiple groups.
As part of the R&D department, you will report to the VP Scientific Operations and will work closely with the R&D Leadership Team, Program Directors and fellow R&D Managers. In your role you will be responsible for talent recruitment, development, allocation, implementing and maintaining best practices, safety & health, and team budget. Good project and organization skills are a must.
- MSc or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years of experience in the field of Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or Medical sciences;
- At least 5 years experience in leading an R&D team is a must;
- At least 10 years of working experience within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry;
- 5 years of managerial experience required;
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and leadership;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical, scientific staff and research management;
- The ability to work in a dynamic organization;
- Experience in or affinity with the field of genetic diseases.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset;
- Pro-active attitude;
- Flexible and resistant to change;
- Team player;
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong project planning and management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (English).
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.