Fermentation Process Engineer
Manchester, United Kingdom
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + Share Options + 25 days Holiday + Pension + Flexible Working
Holiferm is facilitating the transition of the $36 billion surfactant market away from harmful, fossil fuel-based chemicals to biobased alternatives. We produce sophorolipid and other biosurfactants; renewable, biodegradable, and mild alternatives to the petrochemical derived surfactants used in household cleaning, laundry, and personal care products.
Due to our exciting growth plans and current build of a commercial production facility, we are looking to recruit new like-minded individuals to join our ever-growing team.
As a Fermentation Process Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the production processes for new bioproducts as part of a project team;
- Design, operate and interpret bioreactor experiments with yeasts and bacteria;
- Work with Holiferm’s breakthrough integrated fermentation and gravity separation technology and, more importantly, come up with novel ideas.
This role will involve hands on work in the lab and desk-based research work. Once the process is complete at laboratory scale, the candidate will be a key part of the team translating the process to pilot and then commercial scale. Since we are ambitiously growing as a company, there is room to develop into a project lead or fermentation team manager role.
The successful candidate will:
- Experience of running daily laboratory operations such as preparing chemical solutions, using standard laboratory equipment, using bench-top fermentation reactors and aseptic techniques;
- Experience in fermentation process development (increasing titer/productivity). This includes a strong skillset of processing and interpreting fermentation data;
- Mathematical skills and knowledge of calculations useful in the design, operation and scale up of fermentations and downstream processes, with the ability to be creative in finding new solutions to characterise processes;
- Experience of working with biosurfactants, ranging from production, separation, characterisation and/or formulation – or more in general, a strong understanding of phase separation/surfactant behaviour although this is not essential.
To apply, please send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.