Senior Bio-Engineer - Drug Product (SGIE)
Basel or Visp, Switzerland
The Senior Bio-Engineer - Drug Product (for SGIE – Strategic Growth and Investment Engineering) provides, best in class technology design for core technology platforms in the Drug Product aseptic fill and finish area (e.g. Aseptic Fill machinery, Lyophilization, Serialization) and ensures that these technologies are validated and then deployed as a standard equipment in all Biologics growth projects/new facilities globally. This position has specific expertise for technologies which are first and foremost needed for SGIE projects located in Basel, Stein, and Visp Drug product facilities.
- Support the implementation of DP technology standards;
- Maintain existing DP technology standards, including document updates, reviews, and approvals;
- Discover, explore, evaluate and implement new technologies that bring marked benefit to cost and/or time reduction or yield improvement. Develop standards based on said new technologies;
- Leadership of cross functional teams consisting of Internal Lonza customers such as Manufacturing, PP&L, MSAT, Site Engineering, and Quality Assurance to properly identify design needs;
- Work with SGIE delivery staff on assisting in the planning and execution of larger, more complex projects and engineering problems.
- BSc./BEng. or higher Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry or similar;
- Experienced in pharmaceutical manufacturing with experience in DP equipment and/or biologic bulk drug product delivery, with at least 8-10 years in the industry or equivalent roles;
- Preference to have progressive experience in both engineering & operations or other functions;
- Capital projects experience very desirable;
- Good communication skills on different levels and stakeholders;
- Collaborative and transparent workstyle.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.