Sr. Manager Medical Affairs Oncology, Spain & Portugal
The Sr. Manager Medical Affairs Oncology Medical Spain & Portugal is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the national medical strategy and programs that support the development, commercialization, and life cycle management of the Oncology Jazz Pharma products. The incumbent is an experienced Senior Medical Professional that will bring Oncology TA expertise to the medical affairs team, relevant brand teams, and other internal business partners including the regional EUR/Int oncology teams, and be a strategic scientific partner to both internal cross-functional stakeholders and external experts.
The incumbent has responsibility for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to EFPIA, GCP and IFPMA regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Lead the development and implementation of the national medical affairs oncology strategy aligned to commercial growth drivers;
- Lead the development of strategies and programs to ensure internal and external readiness for new product launches.
Medical Affairs responsibilities
- To ensure effective, trustful, and up-to-date communication of therapy area advancements and Jazz Oncology scientific data through external engagements enabling healthcare professionals to bring relevant healthcare solutions to their patients;
- To represent Spain in the EUR/Int regional medical forums and collaborate with the region and other relevant global medical oncology teams for above country initiatives wherever relevant developing an effective communication network;
- Gain valuable insight and feedback from the healthcare community on advancements in Oncology TA, Jazz products and services, medical and scientific information which can help guide research, development and service provision to benefit customers and patients as well as supporting internal stakeholders;
- Develop and implement Medical Strategic Plan/s and Scientific Engagement activities and lead internal and external (customer facing) medical and educational projects for oncology assets;
- Support and enable Jazz to achieve its business objectives by delivering ‘in-the-field’ scientific engagement with healthcare professionals to provide scientific and medical information, identify and manage scientific projects, clinical trial activities and managed access programs compliantly in line with Jazz standard operating procedures and local codes of practice, guidelines and laws;
- Provide medical and technical expertise to scientific submissions; and to marketing & sales in the production, review and approval of promotional materials and activities;
- Conducts scientific presentations in support of Jazz products and strategies to EEs, scientific meetings, congress, symposia, regulatory authorities, external visitors and others;
- Ascertain high standards of medical and scientific accuracy in all external communication to medical audience and general public in keeping with Jazz policy and relevant industry and regulatory codes.
Data Generation and Publication Planning
- Identifies necessary local evidence generation activities and serves as the affiliate lead of these scientific projects to ensure on-time delivery of milestones and compliant execution in the country;
- Provides local (country- specific) medical support to the clinical development plan at a country level as required related to safety/medical/scientific/ethical aspects of the studies;
- Can provide input to the study feasibility, protocol and procedures and PI and site selection;
- Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs as appropriate;
- Support and encourage appropriate recruitment pace as required;
- Support the development and execution of study plans to provide post marketing data to support the portfolio of Jazz Oncology products in phase IV, observational and pharmaco-economic studies;
- Support development of publication plans covering the local data generation needs.
- Engage and establish close relationships in an appropriate manner with key stakeholders such as Health Authorities, Regulatory Agencies, Medical Societies and External Experts, to provide them with complete, accurate, balanced and scientifically rigorous medical and safety information regarding disease areas of mutual interest, Jazz Oncology products in development, medical information on in market Oncology assets and gather insights in order to understand the emerging thoughts, their expressed interests and needs and seek their advice on the development of our products, through the appropriate channels and following the highest standards of scientific dialogue;
- Expand External Expert network and develop and execute an External Expert Engagement and ensure documentation of all engagements;
- Provides support to organizing and serves as local point-of-contact to above country Advisory Boards or global/regional external engagements;
- Leads local activities on gathering insights from external experts to understand the emerging thoughts, their expressed interests and needs and seek their advice on the development of our products, through the appropriate channels and following the highest standards of scientific dialogue, to define impactful brand & customer strategies.
- Support identification and of relationship building with new and existing clinical study investigators to assure clinical trial development and successful implementation at a national level;
- Support comms dept with patient advocacy groups and their initiatives e.g. responding to clinical interest;
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to understand the detailed science and clinical aspects of the Oncology portfolio;
- Proven track record of launching new products in Oncology and competitive environment;
- Excellent in written and oral communication skills to facilitate collaboration at all levels of the organization as well as with external stakeholders;
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding and experience of competitive study design and execution;
- Strong organizational, planning, and business acumen skills;
- Sound understanding on Good Clinical Practices and SOPs;
- Proven ability to interpret customer needs as well as negotiation and influence skills;
- Good understanding of healthcare systems and the needs of payors;
- Ability to cope under pressure with sometimes conflicting priorities;
- Team player, problem solver with clear focus on end result;
- Excellent command of spoken English.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- PhD or higher science degree, with strong preference for a medical doctor/Pharmacist with experience in oncology;
- Medical affairs experience of more than 5 years leading the medical affairs strategy within the Oncology Area.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.