R&D Manager (Chromatography)
Reading, United Kingdom
Avantor is looking for an organized and customer-focused R&D Manager to join the EU North Hichrom R&D team, developing projects that support the pipeline of new products and applications as well as technical insights for other parts of the business including sales, procurement & supply chain.
What we’re looking for
- Education: A degree or equivalent in Chemistry or industry related background;
- Experience: Solid previous working experience within R&D/Chemistry (Chromatography);
- Strong theoretical and practical experience in areas of reversed phase HPLC (e.g., Packing HPLC columns) is essential;
- Knowledge of other areas of chromatography and sample preparation (such as HILIC, GPC, Chiral, Affinity, Ion Chromatography, GC, TLC, SPE, SLE, PPt etc.) is required;
- Proficient with HPLC instrument software (e.g., OpenLab) is necessary;
- Previous working experience in a lab is ideal;
- Leadership experience is desired;
- Administrative work experience is a plus;
- LC-MS (triple quadrupole) experience is advantageous;
- Highly competent in software packages - Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint etc.);
- Good customer relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential;
- A team player and collaborator able to work towards both personal and company goals.
How you will thrive and create an impact
- Successful management of a small team of 3 scientists by ensuring delivery of objectives;
- Effective communication of results to internal and external customers;
- Development of silica-based HPLC phases and other innovative new products within the LC-MS workflow;
- Successfully research and develop new LC stationary phases including initial viability discussions, development of bonding and packing methods, stability and batch testing and applications;
- Development of HPLC separations/applications for use in commercial literature or to support customer-led enquiries;
- Identify new analytical areas of interest and potential applications for LC columns;
- Write, proofread and produce technical literature for use at conferences, in industry publications or in support of business development (e.g., posters, articles, guides and webinars);
- Keep up to date with current analytical methods, as well as identifying possible future trends in separation science;
- Support manufacturing department with process development, technical data and customer complaint investigation.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.