Director, Head of R&D (Enzymes)
The Head of R&D QIAGEN Gdansk will be responsible for all R&D related activities in our Center of Excellence for Enzymes & Proteins in our Facility in Gdansk, which is specialized in the development and large scale production of different Enzymes for all types of molecular biology applications. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Head of Global R&D within our Life Science Business Area.
Your main tasks will include the following:
- Contribute as a member of our Portfolio Team Enzymes to the overall business strategy to drive this important portfolio, shape the vision for our enzyme development and the product as well as the technology roadmap;
- Actively coordinate and align R&D activities across internal and external departments, driving performance through targeted KPIs and managing the budget for the technology areas;
- Strategically steer R&D initiatives, integrating departmental strategies with overarching company objectives and directly translating these into actionable employee goals;
- Create an atmosphere that fosters innovation and continuously develop the teams skills and technology portfolio;
- Directing team dynamics - including motivating and devising growth plans, while fostering a safe work environment, upholding professional ethics, and safeguarding data integrity.
- You hold a PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular biology or a related field and have 10+ years of professional experience;
- You are an expert in enzyme engineering with deep understanding of their applications in molecular biology - Enzymes, Proteomics and Molecular Biology is you’re home turf and you are passionate and curious about these topics;
- You have a proven track record of multiyear experience in managing scientific teams and collaborating and supervising cross functional throughout different seniority levels;
- Ideally, you already gained managing experience outside of academia, but we’re also open to experienced leaders from academia;
- You’re fluent in English both written and verbally, Polish fluency is a plus but not a must.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.