Cell Biology Project Lead
As part of the growth and expansion process of the Biotechnology area at our Cabrera de Mar (Barcelona) facilities, a new position is created as: Cell Biology Project Lead.
Semillas Fitó is looking for a responsible for the development and implementation of Cell Biology programs to accelerate the development of new vegetable varieties.
Together with the Cell Biology Laboratory Team and the rest of the Biotechnology Team (genomics and pathology), they will be responsible for planning, managing, and supervising, research and operational activities within the Cell Biology laboratory focused in gene editing technologies but supporting also different cell biology projects.
You will be responsible for managing the Cell Biology team involved and ensuring the efficiency of the processes to meet the established milestones of projects.
Your direct reporting will report to the Plant Science and Pathology Manager.
- Lead research projects and support implementation of new methods in the field of cell culture, plant regeneration and transformation, gene editing and Double Haploid Lines (DHLs);
- Design and carry out innovative experiments and studies in the fields of plant cell culture;
- Perform hands-on research activities and coordinate lab experiments carried out by laboratory assistants. This entails various tasks such as consistent vector design and construction for multiple ongoing projects, conducting a range of molecular analyses (including PCR genotyping, sequencing analysis, qPCR, and Western blot), managing greenhouse operations, and conducting phenotyping assessments;
- Lead a team that manages research activities with an emphasis on results orientation and developing team member’s skills and talent, providing guidance on experimental designs;
- Work towards operational excellence to achieve continuous improvement through processes/workflows optimization and ensuring good laboratory practices;
- Design, perform, interpret and communicates the results of experiments, production KPIs, cost/benefit analysis, and lab related issues to key stakeholders;
- Uses multiple data sources, specialized knowledge, the broad application of scientific principles, current literature when identifying and implementing process improvements;
- Manage resources effectively, adjusting budget for team operations and recommend resource allocation to reach project and process timelines;
- Takes initiative in keeping up to date with literature and new technologies in the relevant areas of assignment and professional interest.
What are we currently offering?
- Integration in a young and highly motivated team of the Biotechnology Unit of the company;
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement within the company;
- Remuneration according to skills and experience;
- Flexible schedule from Monday to Friday;
- Continuous formation and development within the company;
- Company parking.
You are the talent that we are looking for if:
- PhD in Biology, Biotechnology or similar;
- Knowledge and experience with plant regeneration protocols and genome editing technologies;
- 2+ years demonstrated people leadership experience both full-time and/or seasonal employees;
- Experience with project management and process optimization, defining and using KPIs to measure lab and workflow health;
- Advanced English language skills are required.
This key points will be valuable:
- Experience in managing a scientific and/or technical team;
- Experience in the seed/plant breeding sector;
- Experience with Double Haploid will be a plus;
- Spanish language fluent will be a plus.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.