Associate Director Computational Chemistry
Apply your passion. Lead experienced scientists. Grow people.
Take advantage of your experience, establish agile research strategies, embrace collaborative design thinking, and actively shape a sustainable research project pipeline that addresses unmet medical needs.
As drug discovery expert, you combine a drug discovery industry background with scientific expertise in computational chemistry. You are a creative driver of change and experienced in motivating and developing teams operating at the cutting edge of science.
As Associate Director Computational Chemistry, responsible for supporting the area of Cardiometabolic Diseases Research, you lead a team of principal scientists actively influencing the discovery of breakthrough small molecule- and peptide therapies. Join Boehringer Ingelheim and actively shape our early portfolio with specific computational chemistry- and therapeutic area expertise.
This position is part time eligible with min. 50 %.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role as Associate Director, you will lead and develop a team of computational chemists focusing on the support of contribution to research projects in the therapeutic area of Cardiometabolic Diseases;
- You will be a key contributor to the early project portfolio by early target and tool assessments, and you will lead research projects in the target validation and lead finding phases;
- As a member of interdisciplinary teams, you will design and optimize biologically active compounds in a collaborative, international setting;
- Thanks to your scientific expertise and your guidance, your team will support contribute to research projects with state-of-the-art computational chemistry methods;
- You will contribute to the strategic direction of the Computational Chemistry group and you drive the development, advancement, and adaption of novel computational chemistry technologies;
- Furthermore, you will collaborate with colleagues from Medicinal Chemistry, Structural Research, Screening and Profiling, Screening Logistics as well as Pharmacology and Computational Biology.
- PhD in chemistry, physics, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline. Alternatively, master´s degree with long-term professional experience;
- Proven track record in small molecule drug discovery and familiarity with pharmacological and medicinal chemistry concepts;
- Experience in target identification, validation, and assessment;
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience with standard computational chemistry software packages in the context of small molecule drug discovery and familiarity with Linux and Python;
- Experience in leading people (teams or projects) in a research context, preferably gained in an industrial drug discovery setting;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and mentoring skills paired with an agile and entrepreneurial mindset.
Ready to contact us?
Please contact our HR Direct Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-3330.
Step 1: Online application - application deadline is 12.10.2023
Step 2: Virtual meeting in the period from early till end of September
Step 3: On-site interviews mid October
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.