Manager, R&D Hard Capsules
This position of R&D Manager is a member of our global Hard Capsules R&D team in charge of developing new and optimizing existing products. It is based at our site in Colmar, France, specialized at manufacturing various types of empty hard capsules intended for use in pharmaceutical or supplements industry. The post offers a very multidisciplinary, cross-functional and dynamic working environment and requires proven expertise in one or more of the following areas: Polymer Science, Chemical engineering, Food Science/Technology, Paints and Coatings, Dip-molding processes and similar.
- Defining, setting and justifying strategy for the development and manufacturing of new or optimization of the existing hard empty capsules within foreseen timelines;
- Following up scientific literature and industry articles to ensure latest trends are included in defining and executing the strategy;
- Prioritizing, challenging and driving projects progress;
- Exploring and implementing novel approaches to current product development problems;
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities for the technical organization;
- Acting as a subject matter expert in internally and in highly cross-functional environment;
- Providing technical assessments and content for use by R&D leadership team;
- Using the network of internal and external experts to increase Company’s unique know how in capsules development;
- Team managing, coaching, developing.
- PhD or Master Degree with extensive experience in the area of Polymer Science, Chemical engineering, Soft materials, Food Science/Technology or similar;
- Planning and organization, monitoring and project management skills;
- Structured, data-based rational thinker with problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work within and lead cross-functional programs/groups;
- Strong communication skills with a diverse group of internal and/or external stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Direct leadership of teams for at least 3 years;
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE);
- Acquainted with Lean Six Sigma;
- Experience in Food/Pharma sector.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.