Scientist R&D Analytics
We are looking for:
A Scientist (m/f/d) to join our R&D Analytics group at our site in Heidelberg. As a member of a young, highly motivated team of biologists and biotechnologists, you will accompany the development of new, protein-based drugs from early identification to late development phases.
The Analytics group is involved in the quantification of a broad range of biomolecules as well as the biochemical characterization of a variety of innovative, recombinant product candidates. Among others, ELISA-based methods, immunoassays, cell-based assays as well as activity assays are applied. By performing routine analyses as well as developing and automating new measurement methods our team supports a network of research groups in the identification and characterization of drug candidates in the field of hematology and immunology.
- Conceptual design, feasibility assessment, development and application of a broad spectrum of new analytical methods with focus on method suitability for the intended use
- Independent supervision and processing of sub-projects in coordination with other groups
- Planning, execution and evaluation of routine analysis in the field of biological activities, coagulation assays, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and other basic analytical methods in a timely fashion
- Statistical evaluation and digitalized management of data packages and preparation of method transfer to the GMP area
- Design of studies in accordance with the principles of Design of Experiment (DoE) and implementation of methods on robotic high throughput platforms
- Preparation and review of relevant documentation like e.g. development reports, work instructions and risk assessments
- Participation in scientific conferences and presentation of scientific data, project progress and literature in internal and external meetings
- Supervision of student assistants and research associates
- Self-initiative scientific research on biological, physical and chemical principles with respect to current analytical techniques
- You have an outspoken and pro-active personality. Team spirit and broad-minded cooperation is your priority. Scientific curiosity is your daily motivation and you pursue an independent workstyle. You enjoy multi-tasking and are skilled with a high level of flexibility and conceptional thinking.
- You have a strong background in bioanalysis, biology, biochemistry or equivalent and hold a PhD degree or Master degree with ideally more than 3 years of relevant working experience.
- You have experience and attention to detail in the development, optimization and troubleshooting of analytical assays and a profound understanding of method requirements in the scope of different project phases from early molecule screening to late candidate characterization.
- Deep hands-on experience with basic analytical procedures such as protein quantification (BCA, Lowry), SDS-PAGE, Western blot, immunoassays (e.g. ELISA) or other plate-based methods is essential for the job.
- You will ideally have expertise in the analysis of protein-based biomolecules (e.g. coagulation factors, immunoglobulins) and characterization of protein-protein interactions.
- Experience in handling automated high-throughput platforms as well as initial experience with Design of Experiment (DoE) and programming languages (e.g. Python) is a plus.
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.