Neuroscience Medical Advisor
Reporting directly to the Neuroscience Medical Lead, the Neuroscience Medical Advisor is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the country/regional Medical Affairs strategy of our existing neuroscience medicines focused on Epilepsy, and for any other in development or future medicines in the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area (TA) if required.
Support the Local Medical Affairs:
- Review and critically appraise scientific literature to identify key drivers that differentiate Jazz's Epilepsy medicines and provide support and advice to medical and marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Work closely with the Neuroscience Medical Lead to support the development and execution of the local medical affairs strategy, following adaptation of the EUR/INT plans.
- Ensure the KEE and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and coordinated
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in order to expand and enhance scientific exchange
- The incumbent will develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Epilepsy and related scientific literature in order to position him/herself as an expert in the field.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to the medical and marketing team as appropriate
- Support creation of training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders
- Provide scientific education and in-house training for MSLs and Key Account Managers and other appropriate staff as required.
Data Generation and Publication Planning:
- Lead the development and execution of local evidence generation to provide data to support the Epilepsy portfolio strategy according to the local unmet needs and requirements.
- Support development of publication plans covering the local data generation needs.
- Facilitate and support investigators, who wish to conduct investigator sponsored or Jazz sponsored studies in line with Jazz strategy
- Support the development and execution of study plans to provide post marketing data to support the portfolio of Jazz Neuroscience products in phase IV, observational and pharmaco-economic studies.
- Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs as appropriate.
- Support development of Jazz positioning as the scientific authority within the Neuroscience TA.
- Develop strategic partnerships with appropriate stakeholders (KEE’s, pharmacists, local authorities, collaborative groups and scientific societies etc) to ensure that the Epilepsy portfolio is appropriately positioned in treatment guidelines and protocols through the provision of balanced, scientific information
- Support development of local advocacy plans through provision of scientific and clinical information and expert engagement plans
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in a comparable role: ideally with Deep Knowledge of the Neuroscience TA focused on Epilepsy.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, to design and implement medical projects with high added value for Jazz and healthcare professionals
- Experience launching new products, market shaping and launch readiness activities
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Strong inter-personal leadership, relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in establishing strong influential relationships with academic societies,
- Good understanding of healthcare system in Spain/Portugal
- Experience in effectively implementing local code of practice
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Flexible, independent, and proactive working style.
- Ability to critically analyze complex data
- Ability to produce timely business management reports, budget tracking and audit data
- Fluent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Strong preference for a Medical Doctor/pharmaceutical physician with a higher scientific qualification e.g. MSc, PhD etc. and Neuroscience experience
- Experience of working in a Spain & Portugal medical affairs role
- Good understanding of healthcare systems
Don't forget to mention EuroPharmaJobs when applying.