Cell Banking Senior Technologist
Slough, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
To create and maintain cell banks of mammalian cell lines within a cGMP clean room environment. Cell banks are the starting material for the manufacture of clinical product at Lonza Biologics’ manufacturing sites worldwide. The role will be mainly laboratory based.
Monday to Friday with additional weekend working required (1 in 5 weekends). Position will be based in Slough, UK.
- Creation and maintenance of 200-400 vial cell banks to cGMP;
- Stock solution and medium preparation;
- Routine laboratory maintenance (equipment checks, laboratory stores, cleaning);
- Accurate completion of batch record documentation and reports;
- Booking and reviewing adventitious testing for release of cell banks for cGMP manufacturing;
- Inventory management within the cell storage facility including off site shipments;
- The desired candidate will have knowledge of; Cell culture, Aseptic operations & GMP. Aseptic technique, report writing, proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelors: Biotechnology (Required).